X Factor judge Gary Barlow has said there is no reason why Christopher Maloney should not win the competition this year, after the signer makes it through to the semi-final of the show.
Speaking on The Xtra Factor the Take That star said the public had showed their support for the Scouse singer.
And he added that he saw the 36-year-old as a “winner”.
“There’s no reason why he shouldn’t win. But I don’t see the votes so I don’t know if he will [win],” he said.
But, the singer raised a few eyebrows from his fellow judges when he was asked if he would still vote for ‘karaoke king’ Christopher if he wasn’t his mentor.
Both Tulisa and Louis shouted “No!” at the question, whilst Gary nodded a yes.
“We take our categories and we stand by them,” he explained to Xtra Factor presenters Olly Murs and Caroline Flack.
“I don’t need to vote for him, the public have already answered that question.”
Later on the show, Chris told the two presenters that he thought Gary was a “fantastic mentor”.
“He’s very hands on and helps you when you need him,” he explained. “He’s turned into a great friend.”
More About Christopher Maloney
- Christopher Maloney will take part in X Factor live tour
- Christopher Maloney shuns X Factor wrap party
- X Factor surprise: aXed Christopher Maloney pulls out of tonight’s final
- X Factor Grand final round-up: Final fling for Chris while Kylie dazzles.
- Christopher Maloney: "Don't be too upset, Nan, this is only the beginning"
- X Factor Grand final round-up: The stars come out to play as Chris leaves.
- Gary Barlow Rules the World with Christopher Maloney at X Factor final
- X Factor: Odds rising for Christopher Maloney to win
- Little Mix nickname Gary Barlow's X Factor act Christopher Ma-phoney
- X Factor: Louis Walsh says Christopher Maloney is like Cilla Black
- X Factor 2012 Overs finalist: Christopher Maloney