In the first glimpse of Simon Cowell in this years X Factor, the pop mogul revealed to head judge Gary Barlow that he would be mentoring…the over 28’s.
Simon, who called from his LA home, couldn’t keep an anxious Gary waiting.
He said: “Ok, so we’ve given it a lot of thought, me and the producers, and the category you’re going to mentor is the over 28’s.”
Gary was delighted with his 2012 assignment.
He said: “Oh wow. Brilliant! That is good news to my ears!
Simon wished his head judge the best of luck before hanging up.
Gary went on to say: “I feel like in recent years, the overs [category] has become a bit of a joke category and I really want to restore what the overs should be this year.
“There are people over 28 with talent!”
Gary will now have to make the tough decision as to which of the over 28 acts will make it through to the live shows.
He will be choosing from Glaswegian Melanie Masson, dancing queen Nicola-Marie, returning contestant Carolynne Poole, singer songwriter Brad Shackleton, chimney sweep Kye Sones and Liverpool’s Christopher Maloney.
More About Melanie Masson
- X Factor stars wish STV viewers a Merry Christmas
- Back to normality for aXed X Factor contestants
- X Factor's Melanie Masson hints at album talks
- X Factor's Melanie Masson thought Gary Barlow was going to quit
- X Factor Scot Melanie Masson reveals plans to work with Gary Barlow
- Melanie Masson picks Jahmene Douglas to win X Factor
- X Factor Scot Melanie Masson’s family 'so proud of her'