The hunky Chimney Sweep took to the stage in a bid to score a place in the X Factor Boot Camp and the judges loved the chirpy chap as he charmed his way into the nation’s heart.
Kye told the judges that despite hard graft and performing up and down the country he had until now failed to be taken seriously as a singer.
He explained: “I need a lucky break basically. I’ve been working really hard in music for ten years and played every single toilet club up and down the country.
I feel like I have to do this, it’s all I’m good at, I’m rubbish at everything else.”
Kye revealed why he thought he was right for the X Factor telling the judges he wanted his songs to give him a voice. And the judges were surely impressed!
Gary praised Kye’s performance: “I think the greatest thing with you is the fact that we’ve not only found a great singer, we’ve also found an artist.
This is someone who knows exactly how they should sound, what they should be singing, this is extremely exciting.
Kye was taken aback by the pop stars compliments but one after the other judges echod Gary’s sentiments as Louis told Kye he was “born to sing” and pretty Tulisa insisted: “I could listen to you sing all day long”.
The most important feedback came from guest judge Rita Ora who exclaimed: “Oh my gosh. You made RIP sound so cool man! Can I tell you something? You’re a superstar.”
Did Kye have the X Factor the judges were searching for? Decision time suggested so and the chimney sweep left the stage with four yes votes and the hope of the judges on his shoulders. Well done Kye!
More About Kye Sones
- X Factor stars wish STV viewers a Merry Christmas
- Harry Styles offers X Factor’s Kye Sones romance advice
- X Factor aXed star Kye Sones reveals all about James Arthur bromance
- X Factor results show five roundup: Kye aXed while Rylan survives
- Kye Sones wants Jahmene Douglas to win the X Factor
- X Factor Live Show five results round-up: Drama as Kye Sones is voted out
- X Factor: Gary Barlow dubs Kye Sones and Rylan Clark sing-off “crazy”