Sam Bailey has opened up about the emotional time she has been having recording her debut album.
While the X Factor champion is thrilled to be releasing a record, the tracks she has been recording have brought out a host of feelings for the mum-of-two.
She told Heat: “Blood, sweat and tears went into the making of the album and there’s a few songs on there that are really close to home.
“You can actually hear me crying whilst singing, which is a rarity when people bring out an album these days.”
Sam’s album is due for release in March, just ahead of Mother’s Day.
Sam has also been enjoying a spot of television work, fronting Daybreak’s search to find Mothers to treat on the special day.
Add to that rehearsals for the forthcoming X Factor Live tour and it’s safe to say Sam’s life is a world away from this time last year, when she was working as a prison officer.
Sam recently took time out to catch up with famous fan Michael Bolton – her hero.
The pair met during the X Factor when Michael fell in love with Sam’s voice and was determined to work with her.
Fresh from a stunning duet at the National Television Awards, Michael hinted that he would like to have Sam perform on his UK tour. Watch what he had to say in the video player above.
Is that on the cards? Sam told Heat: “In the future I’d love to collaborate with Michael Bolton again though. I call him the Boltmeister. He quite likes it. I’d also like to collaborate with Sam Smith and Gary Barlow.” Get the Barlow on the phone.
More About X Factor Top Section
- Sarah-Jane Crawford replaces Caroline Flack on The Xtra Factor
- Scary! Mel B confirmed as fourth judge on The X Factor
- Xtra special singers listen up: X Factor mobile auditions heading your way
- Simon Cowell ‘thrilled’ to confirm X Factor UK 2014 return
- Sam Bailey reveals album tears and hopes for Michael Bolton duet
- Nicholas McDonald says Sam Bailey ‘really deserves’ X Factor win
- X Factor: Nicholas McDonald’s family say ‘he’s a winner to us’
- X Factor's Nicholas McDonald promises a treat for fans on live tour
- X Factor Scot Nicholas McDonald unveils new single Answerphone: listen
- X Factor's Sam hoping for a Beyonce sing-song