Downton Abbey fans are eagerly awaiting this year’s festive special, following the conclusion of the third series earlier this year – and it’s set to be a real Christmas cracker, if you’ll pardon the pun.
Screened on Christmas Day, viewers will watch as the Crawley clan travel up to Scotland to Duneagle Castle to visit Rose and her parents in the Highlands.
But far from a warm Scottish welcome, things will soon turn sour between the two families…
The cast were snapped filming the scenes at the striking striking Inverary castle in Argyll, in August this year, exciting locals – especially when the actors popped into the nearby Loch Fyne Hotel in between shoots. Read more on this.
Back to the festive special, and Carson is determined that the servants at Downton keep their noses to the grindstone.
But with the country fair coming up, it looks like some of the staff will be tempted to push their luck? A few of them could very well be in trouble very soon.
And it appears that dedicated cook Mrs Patmore might have a spot of romance in her life. How exciting!
Downton Abbey will be on STV this Christmas Day at 8.45pm – don’t miss it.
More About Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey Christmas special: stars tease a ‘really exciting’ episode
- Downton Abbey episode seven: Edith’s secret in danger after shock departure
- Downton Abbey: meet Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham
- Downton Abbey: meet the Earl of Grantham, Robert
- Downton Abbey: meet Lady Mary Crawley
- Downton Abbey: meet Lady Edith Crawley
- Downton Abbey: Meet Lady Rose MacClare
- Downton Abbey to return for a fourth series
- Downton Abbey cast film Christmas special at Scottish castle
People who read this story also read
- Great British Bake Off’s James Morton offers cake reward after bike theft
- James Arthur says X Factor saved him from depression
- Jahmene Douglas thrills old colleagues as he returns to Asda
- Nicole Kidman’s Sharon Stone moment in new film trailer
- 2012's Worst Christmas songs: John Travolta, Cee Lo Green and the Killers