Ashley Roberts has a good chance of being crowned Queen of the Jungle, but revealed tonight that Nicole Scherzinger was the only Queen in her old band, the Pussycat Dolls.
She made the remarks while speaking to champion boxer David Haye, who couldn't believe that a non-British celebrity like Ashley could last so long on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!.
He said: “For a non-British celebrity to go this far, seeing how much airtime we've all had. I've been on every single chat show and game show in England at some time or other.”
But Ashley said that she'd also been on lots of programmes in the UK, but that as part of the Pussycat Dolls it was unlikely that anyone would remember her.
She said: “Even in the group I wasn’t allowed to talk, we were told to be quiet. Only Nicole was allowed to talk. We would occasionally pitch in.”
Fellow camp mate Charlie Brooks couldn't believe what she was saying. She said: “Only Nicole was allowed to talk? Why did they say that then? Did that not drive you nuts?”
And Ashley replied: “Are you serious? Why do you think the band broke up? U2 are still together and they split everything down the middle.”
David asked her if that wasn't the case for Ashley's group, and she just said: “Nope.”
The Pussycat Dolls had a series of Top 10 hits in between 2005 and 2009 but the original line-up split in 2010.
More About Ashley Roberts
- Ashley Roberts and Mark Wright spark romance rumours at Celeb wrap party
- I’m a Celeb’s Ashley Roberts planning steamy jungle date with Dec
- I’m a Celebrity Grand Final round-up: Final Feasts for the new queen
- I’m a Celebrity Grand Final round-up: Gruesome grub before Charlie wins
- Ashley Roberts best bits: Shower offs and Bushtucker Glory
- I’m a Celebrity 2012: Ashley Roberts leaves jungle in second place
- I’m a Celebrity: Charlie Brooks & Ashley Roberts do final Bushtucker Trial
- I’m a Celebrity star Ashley Roberts is favourite to win the series
- Ashley Roberts strips off for new single release
- Pussycat Dolls to split as two girls quit?