Emmerdalestar Rik Makarem has promised soap fans that his character Nikhil Sharma has a rosy future ahead of him with girlfriend Gennie Walker.
Fans of the show will see Nikhil proposing to Gennie next week after finding out that she’s pregnant, and speaking to Inside Soap about the upcoming storylines, Rik revealed that the pair will get a happy ending.
“I think there will definitely be a happy ending to this story, but it won’t be an easy road there!” he said.
“Nikhil is very methodical and believes that babies and marriage go hand in hand.
“He’s finally got the chance to have everything perfect, but when Gennie discovers he knows, she thinks he only wants to marry her because she’s pregnant and refuses!
“He’s shot himself in the foot, but when Gennie eventually says yes to him, the floodgates open. It’s a truly beautiful moment.”
Don’t miss Emmerdale on STV from 7pm every weeknight.
MORE FROM THE VILLAGE
People who read this story also read
- Chantelle Houghton wore full make-up to give birth
- Clever Kate Middleton shows how to fake it at the Diamond Jubilee
- Kate Middleton and Zara Phillips go gaga for beautiful baby Savannah
- The Queen praises Gary Barlow’s Diamond Jubilee song
- RockNess review 2012: Mumford & Sons bring Friday Main Stage finale, though Hudson Mohawke steals show