Beth Tweddle is through to the finals of Dancing on Ice 2013 following a shocking semi-final which saw contender Gareth Thomas pull out due to medical reasons.
The news meant that there was no skate-off, but all the contestants still performed what would have been their number, with Beth and partner Daniel Whiston dancing to Live and Let Die.
Beth enjoyed her highest scoring week to date, with a 33.5 and a 38.
The Olympic gymnast stunned the judges as she closed the semi-final show with her flying performance to Angel by Sarah McLachlan.
Beth, 27, bounced back after being called “dead behind the eyes” by judge Jason Gardiner earlier in the evening during her energetic routine to Jessie J’s Domino.
During the show, the athlete revealed that she wanted to make it to the final for “girl power.”
Throughout the series, Beth has been praised for her technical ability on the ice and her fearless spirit which led to her pulling off the headbanger and supporting all of partner Dan’s weight during tonight’s angel’s wing movement.
However, her performance has always thought to have been lacking – especially for Jason – but as she chose more lyrical songs to dance to, her interpretation has blown the judges away.
Will Beth prove herself a worthy queen of the ice?
Tune in to the Dancing on Ice 2013 final on ITV and STV on Sunday (March 9) to find out.
More About Beth Tweddle
- Beth Tweddle reveals she is overwhelmed by Dancing on Ice win
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: Round-up as Beth Tweddle crowned skating Queen
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: action round-up as Beth Tweddle named champion
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: Beth Tweddle secures victory over Matt Lapinskas
- Beth Tweddle aims for gold with Dancing on Ice Bolero routine
- Beth shows she's still no clown after 'beautiful' performance
- Beth brings attitude and sass to tonight's final with showcase routine