Beth Tweddle took flight on tonight's Dancing on Ice with a routine that saw the Olympic gymnast take on two of the series' most difficult moves.
Dancing to Rihanna and Calvin Harris' We Found Love, Beth and partner Daniel Whiston wowed with the 'whirlybird' and 'head banger', both of which could have resulted in serious injury.
But while the technique impressed the judges, the panel felt that Beth dwelt too much on the routine's terrifying climax.
She scored a total of 29.5, with Ashley Roberts awarding the couple 6.5. She said: "I did love it, it was tricky and your technique's there, but I wanted to see that fire and attack throughout the whole routine."
Karen Barber scored them an 8.0, saying: "It is stressful, but Beth managed to do all those amazing tricks and for me that was the whole package."
Jason Gardiner awarded them 7.0 and said: "I have to agree with Ashley to a point. I thought it started off very well and yes, technique-wise, you are head-and-shoulders above everyone else. But there's a build in that piece of music that requires real intensity and it just wasn't there. I could see you were pre-empting the 'head banger'."
Head judge Robin Cousins awarded the pair 8.0, saying: "We knew you had the great tricks, tonight we saw two incredible tricks. Two very clean skating sequences, they are marrying together very nicely. Yes, I've got to agree with Ashley and Jason, but at the same time the quality of the skating has to come first."
Speaking to host Phillip Schofield afterwards, Beth said: "Throughout the week I've found the routine pretty full-on. The first bit I knew I performed to the best and I did lose it a little bit so I can see where they're coming from."
Even with the criticism however, the judges were confident Beth would survive through to week seven.
More About Beth Tweddle
- Beth Tweddle reveals she is overwhelmed by Dancing on Ice win
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: Round-up as Beth Tweddle crowned skating Queen
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: action round-up as Beth Tweddle named champion
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: Beth Tweddle secures victory over Matt Lapinskas
- Beth Tweddle aims for gold with Dancing on Ice Bolero routine
- Beth shows she's still no clown after 'beautiful' performance
- Beth brings attitude and sass to tonight's final with showcase routine