There was no clowning around from Dancing on Ice contestant Beth Tweddle as she wowed the judges with her intimate week five performance.
The Olympian displayed elegance and emotion as she took to the ice with partner Daniel Whiston.
Beth has been steadily improving throughout the competition and has been tipped as one to watch.
She finally gave the judges what they had been looking for in her emotional interpretation of Emeli Sande’s Clown.
The gymnast showed her ability as she confidently tackled ‘the Leveller’ in which she spent 30 seconds alone on the ice without Daniel.
Then she received rapturous applause from the audience as she did a top lift and a floating carousel.
The judges concurred with the audience, scoring Beth a total of 30.5 out of 40 – her highest score to date.
Leading the praise was Jason Gardiner, who scored a 7.5.
He said: “Beth, I know I’ve been really tough on you but it was because I wanted to get a great, emotional performance out of you.
“And that was really so feminine and I tender, I loved watching it.
“Well done honey.”
Karen, scoring 8, said: “Tonight, I felt that performance. Just beautiful.”
Ashley scored Beth a 7. She said: “Gorgeous. As performers, we get to take people on a journey and you did it. This is what we’ve been wanting you to do.”
Daniel was proud as punch for his gymnastic partner, saying: “I feel that Beth has really blossomed.”
With the Olympians stunning performance be enough to send her through to next week?
Tune in to ITV and STV at 8.30pm to find out!
More About Beth Tweddle
- Beth Tweddle reveals she is overwhelmed by Dancing on Ice win
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: Round-up as Beth Tweddle crowned skating Queen
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: action round-up as Beth Tweddle named champion
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: Beth Tweddle secures victory over Matt Lapinskas
- Beth Tweddle aims for gold with Dancing on Ice Bolero routine
- Beth shows she's still no clown after 'beautiful' performance
- Beth brings attitude and sass to tonight's final with showcase routine