Coronation Street star Natalie Gumede has revealed that more Weatherfield residents are to find out about her character's violent outbursts.
Her alter-ego Kirsty Soames has hit out at fiancé Tyrone Dobbs on a number of occasions in recent months.
Kirsty then dumps Tyrone after deciding that he would be better off without her.
However, Gumede has admitted that she has not gone for good and will be back on our screens later this month.
Discussing what's in store for Kirsty, Natalie told Take It Easy: "I think there will still be a rough ride after the baby arrives.
"There needs to be a consequence for her actions - the audience will crave it.
"More and more people will find out what's going on, and they will want to see some sort of justice."
Asked if she is happy to stay on Corrie, Gumede said: "Ultimately I would like a varied career, but I'm having a wonderful time on the show. I feel very lucky to be employed by Coronation Street, it is a wonderful break for me.
"It is a fantastic platform to showcase what I can do and the things I didn't think I could do.
"I'm certainly not putting a time scale on how long I should be here. You just have to enjoy each moment as it comes."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
People who read this story also read
- Coronation Street video exclusive: Steve McDonald gets caught between two women
- Coronation Street’s Georgia May Foote reveals all about surrogacy storylines
- Coronation Street stars pay tribute to Geoffrey Hughes
- Kate Middleton sparks stunning hair-raising frenzy
- Coronation Street: Kate Ford says illness won't change Tracy