Illusionist James More had a lot to prove when stepping out onto the Britain’s Got Talent stage as it is a well known fact that head judge, Simon Cowell, is a fan of magic.
David Walliams told the 24-year-old this before he performed, to which Simon drolly replied: “I do like magic…when it’s good.”
Thankfully James didn’t disappoint and held the audience, and the judges, transfixed with his tricks.
At one point he appeared to have impaled himself on a giant sword, much to the horror of Ant and Dec and the rest of the auditorium.
Thankfully this was all just part of the act and James bounced back, moving in time to the music.
As the Londoner finished to rapturous applause, David said: “It was amazing.”
And, as for Simon, he was delighted with James’ talent.
He said: “You look great. You’ve got fantastic confidence, very slick.”
But was James’ confidence enough to send him through?
Watch the video in the player above to find out.
- Simon Cowell 'dreading' Britain's Got Talent live finals
- Week six round-up: Soulful singers and daredevil divers
People who read this story also read
- Britain’s Got Talent: acts reveal excitement as judges decide who to keep
- Futuristic dance from Freelusion stuns Britain’s Got Talent judges
- Aaron Crow’s terrifying act leaves Britain’s Got Talent judges shocked
- Britain’s Got Talent: judges get ready to reveal semi-final line-ups
- Schoolgirl singer Gabz Gardiner impresses Britain’s Got Talent judges